Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

VANITY


VANITY:
   excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements.

  I can't help but laugh at the definition. Is this not what we were taught our whole live by our parent and school. We were taught to be confident and to believe in ourselves and to be proud of what we have done. Yet it is these same traits that give us a bad name. Vanity has become a dirty word it now mean selfish, stuck up a show off. We see these moms these women who dress nice walk tall does there makeup and hair just to go to the store and we give them that look that up and down look our First thought is wow look at her I wish I looked like that Second thought bitch who does she think she is im not gona get all dreeses up just to go shopping then go home and mop the floors. That is the answer we don't so they shouldn't but what did they really do wrong they take pride in how they look. Now please don't get me wrong there are those women who flaunt it they  have that fake laugh and wears those pants that are really to tight and that top that  one sneeze would really give the deli boy a show. Im talking about those women who dress nice and take care of them selves they smile they even bake I myself hate them yet secretly want to be them so my question is why not I love fashion I love love love shoes and bags but as a mom I felt if I wore the high heels and carried the Gucci bag people would think I was a bad mom that I cared more about what I looked like rather then my kids or that I wanted guys to hit on me  and that's not true I have talked to a lot of moms and they all feel the same GUILT. We as moms are suppose to teach our kids to be proud and confident that's why we let them wear one rain boot  one slipper a crown and a cape to the store. Yet we wear the sweat pants no makeup and the same old pony tail. We say things like  I used to look like that and it must be nice. What are we teaching them. Where teaching them to give up.  Moms of the 50's and 60's really new what they were doing and the kids had that role model that kids today just don't have   We should not feel guilty for looking good and we shouldnt hate those who do but we can still hate movie stars they just have it to easy lol . But really I am going to try to put more effort into how I look and to feel proud of who I am. Even if my husband looks at me weird or doesn't say how good I look I will know I look good and feel good. So come on moms lets get out those close we hide in the back of the closet lets take those shoes out of the box and just because we can lets show that women at the store, bus stop or work that's she is not the only one that can look that good ok that is a little bitchy but hey Remember vanity is not a bad word.  


No comments:

Post a Comment