Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

IT DIDN'T WORK

I tried out my roaster oven. I figured it would be a good idea to try it on some chickens before I use it for my thanksgiving turkey
 
It heated up really fast and the house didn't get hot so I put in 2 Cornish hens. I didn't do anything special just salt pepper and little butter.
 
They cooked for about 1 1/2 at 350 degrees. Now here is were I went wrong I added a cup of water to the bottom because that's what I do when I cook it in the oven. The thing is with a roaster oven it just makes steam so even tho the chicken WAS really juice and tender even the breast meat the skin did not brown at all
 
I was really upset and really glad this was not my thanksgiving turkey. I went right online to there company website to find out what I did wrong. I found out im not suppose to add water. In fact when the chicken or turkey makes juice im suppose to take it out. They say to put it all in another pan to make gravy with later. Now im really nervous but I really don't want my oven on for 4 hours I live in a trailer and they heat up real good. So I have one more Cornish hen left tomorrow im going to try it without adding water and doing just what they say to do and if it comes out browned and juice I'll use it for the turkey if not then I will have to use my oven (TEAR). 

No comments:

Post a Comment