Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

DOCTOR MOM IS IN

Well its that time of year when the weather gets colder and the house get closed up tight. The only problem with that is those nasty germs make them selves right at home. Poor lily is sick yet again and I am making my chicken noodle soup and I got thinking one can never have to many chicken soup recipes so I thought I would share mine. Now im not going to give the whole recipe because if you've ever made one you know what u need. what I am going to share is my little twist at the end .......I puree the veggies yep I take out the chicken and strain the broth then im left with the veggies so I puree half them then add them back into the broth shred the chicken then done. I puree the veg because when we are sick we don't always want to eat much or chew and the veg have a lot of nutrition so by pureeing them they just slide right down with the broth. Now because I puree the veg you want to make sure you don't use any veg that have a skin that will become hard or to chewy in the soup for me I just get the mixed veg bags from the store. It has been proving that frozen is just as nutritious as fresh so don't worry about cheating a little Just to be safe I made enough for the whole family. So give this a try and let me know what you think.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment